Friday, February 1, 2008

The Trip

You might be wondering why I am writing this blog. Well, for the past 16 months I've been working on a Client project for my firm - Accenture, based predominantly in the Netherlands, but with extended periods of time in France, the UK, the Nordic countries and Spain. And, fear of flying aside, it has been an incredible experience. I've met some fantastic people, learned an incredible amount and (again, the flying aspect aside). I've enjoyed myself immensely.

However after 16 months I felt it was time to move on and try my hand at something new. So I have a couple of travelling adventures coming up before I officially return to staffed work in July, and this blog is my way of keeping in touch with family and friends. I can't promise any great literary work, but it will be funny - (my travels are always funny - usally at the expense of myself). Whether this involves imprisonment by a leading hotel chain in the Netherlands, being violently deprived of my electronic equipment in Spain, having my passport damaged - and most of my wallet contents stolen, in New Zealand, getting altitude sickness in Bolivia or getting thrown off high speed Ostriches in South Africa, I hope you have as much reading about my travels, I have....er....travelling them.

So - the trip.... what's in store:

Wednesday 6th Feb -- Canada (duration 10 days)
Saturday 23rd Feb - USA (duration 3 weeks)
Friday 21st March - Africa (duration - > 6 weeks)
--- incorporating 7 various African countries
Wednesday 7th May - India (duragion > 6 weeks)
...sometime in June / July - back home (hopefully :S)

So - thanks for dropping by - stick this URL in your favourites - and happy reading!

Cheers

Rich
(now safely on the ground!)