Thursday, February 21, 2008

Apologies I'm so bad at blogging...

Hi All

Well first of all I'm very sorry for being so bad at updating my blog.

However I got a nudge in the right direction from a fellow blogger (thanks Petra), so before I crack on with the updates, here's a link back to Petra's blog... Petra, for those of you who don't know, was one of my travelling buddies in New Zealand, she had an excellent little car and introduced me to the Killers, climbing mountains shrouded in fog, and walking in Lord of the Rings country. Her blog is at: http://fatandredstravels.blogspot.com...

OK - so where am I now. I'm sat at home, in North Yorkshire, after finally recovering from my jet lag. We landed in Manchester from Canada early on Sunday morning - early being an understatement - we landed at 4am. I can never relax on a plane, with the exception being after I have had copious amount of red wine, so you can imagine I wasn't feeling at all great first thing on Sunday. Stupidly, I gave in to my sleep demons and went straight to bed, signalling 3 days of making toast at 2am and watching TV into the early hours - the joys of jet lag!

And this week has been incredibly busy. As I am now unassigned from any project, I have been helping at graduate recruitment fairs around the North of England. So I was in Leeds on Monday, Lancaster on Tuesday, Sheffield yesterday. Today I'm heading off to Lancaster for a black tie recruitment event (ok, ok so I guess it's not so terrible after all ;) - and I hear there is a live band and a chocolate fountain to look forward to.... Then I have a big presentation to the school of Management tomorrow on "What is Management Consultancy" - and having been asked that question about 50 times at the careers fair yesterday, I don't think this will be a problem to get through.

So when I haven't been the face of my Company to various institutions of learning - I've been organising my next trip. This Sunday I fly to Chicago. "Why?" you ask, "it's minus 19 degrees in Chicago?". Good question. I'm going there to undertake Faculty for the new intake into the Company. 1 week of pre-reads and organisation, then the students arrive and we spend 2 weeks taking them through a mock-project during the days, and trying to make sure they don't spend too much time at Cadillac Ranch during the evenings ;), to make sure we see them first thing the next day....

Which means organising my packing, car parking (my flight is at 6am on a Sunday morning, so I'll have another night of not sleeping), pre-reads, travel at the other end, accommodation prior to the course. But I'm well on the way now, so fingers crossed there will be no major problems.

So - all being well, my next update will be from the Windy City.... (and I will try to be more regular at these updates!)

Ciao for now!

Rich