Thursday, April 17, 2008

Botswana & Zambia

Hi there - well typically I start these posts with "I'm sorry it's been such a long time" - and of course this post is no exception. There is a general lack of good internet access and I have also been a bit ill....

So, where to start? Namibia was great, Botswana was even better - though slightly polluted. Actually that is an understatement as it was probably the most littered place I have ever been to. Spent a few days there, then we crossed over the border into Zambia. And that's where I got....ahem... a little ill. Severe dehydration meant I was rushed to a Zambian hospital, had 2 big bags of saline drip intraveneously fed into my arm + valium and something to clear out my kidneys. This was after a night of hallucinations and fits which really put a crimp on that part of my holiday. Fortunately the Zambian hospital was impressively better than most British hospitals so no worries - and the travel insurance will cover the equally impressive bill.

But onwards I go. I'm staying in a National Park now - then I head from here over into Malawi, then Tanzania - spending a couple of days in Zanzibar - then finally I hit Kenya..... I'm covered in bites, bruises, cuts, scars - an impressive collection to say the least. I've seen spiders, scorpions, leopards, elephants, cheetahs, lions, wilderbeest, buffalo, rhino and a bunch of crazy crawling things which are generally brightly coloured and deadly.

But that's enough for now - until my next post! Ciao